Monday, November 18, 2013

Control

Things in our lives haven't gotten any better. It's just a nightmare that keeps on giving. I think the worst is having the feeling of no control in the situation.

But, I realized that I can regain control in our household. I have let things slide so much over the past year and a bit as we haven't gotten any joy out of our little homestead. Not much joy period.

This week I have been baking and making soup. I haven't done that in a very long time. Tonight I dug out some pork fat and rendered it into lard for more baking.

I know it doesn't sound like much but just doing that little bit has made me feel better. Like I actually have some say and can do something in my life again.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Sending you love. I am hoping things will get better for you and your family.

Clipping Path said...

This blog post really grabbed my attention. With that said I am going to subscribe. Therefore I will get more updates on what you have to say. Please keep writing as I want to learn more.