Friday, May 7, 2010

Feeling Guilty

Yes, I am feeling extremely guilty for not posting anything for such a long time. I love blogging, but things have been so crazy lately I just don't have the time or energy to write anything. I haven't even been following my blogroll 'friends'.

This morning is it sunny and 2c. My daffodils and some of the tulips are blooming. The first hummingbird of the season came by for a visit and drink of the daffys.

Husband has the garage full of plants he started - tomatos, eggplant, peppers, cabbage, lot of flowers, cucumbers, broccoli and I don't know what else. It's a jungle out there!

I haven't contributed to the garden preparations at all this year. I'm hoping it will warm up soon as in this area we normally plant on the May long weekend (3rd week in May).

I had to separate one of my hens the other day. The chickens are molting and look half naked. This particular hen must have been picked on and her back end was bleeding quite badly which, of course, only leads to more picking. I put her in with the ducks which she is not happy with, but at least she has stopped bleeding and has begun to heal. Tonight or tomorrow with husband's help I want to try to wash her up and get all the icky stuff away. I don't want to put her back with the other chickens until the sore is healed.

I'll try to take some photos over the weekend and get them posted.

0 comments: