Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smelly Pits No More

Waaaaaay back when I posted that I was going to make my own deodorant and then give you and update.

I have been using my homemade deodorant for just over a year now. Occasionally when I run out and am too lazy to whip some up on the kitchen I'll reach for a commercial stick. I ALWAYS regret it... because I feel like I stink.

I would highly recommend the 2 parts baking soda to 3 parts cornstarch recipe as I always feel fresh, and even at the end of the day I never smell (but I do if I use the commercial deodorant). The only drawback is that if I wear dark clothing I often get powder under the arms - actually because I'm so clutzy I usually end up with powder everywhere. I have quickly learned to wash my hands before getting dressed. I put my mixture in a spice jar, shake out some on my hands and apply to underarms. SIMPLE and CHEAP and HEALTHY!

1 comments:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Congratulations, you won the Hanes Pink t-shirt giveaway at Apron Thrift Girl. Could you please email me with your address so that I can get this shipped off to you. Thanks so much.