Monday, April 4, 2011

Homemade Tortillas

Living in northern BC we are not really that '"in to" Mexican food. Though we do like it, there is only one Mexican restaurant (read Taco Shop) in town. We can purchase tortillas in the grocery store which I occasionally do to make wraps or quesadillas.


The other day I was thinking of making chicken quesadillas for dinner and had the light bulb moment of "how hard can it be to make tortillas?" So I found a whole wheat recipe ('cause we're whole wheat kind of people) at Allrecipes. They were very easy to make, even though perhaps the roundness of the tortilla was lacking - I never could roll out anything round! I found that the balls of dough that were moister were easier to roll out. I will definately make these again as they really were easy.


Stop the presses!!! I just remember we have another taco shop in the mall - it is a chain restaurant (if you can call it that) so I'm not sure that counts.


Below is the photo documentation of my tortilla making process...


0 comments: