Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Incubator is back in action!

Yesterday I placed 42 eggs from the Plymouth Barred Rock into the incubator.  For Christmas Husband and I received some gift cards for Home Hardware.  So we decided to purchase an automatic egg turner that we have been thinking about since last year for our Hovabator Incubator.  It turns the eggs every 4 hours and frees us from a lot of stress of always turning the eggs.

So in 21 days we should have some new little black fuzzy chicks!  They will look like this....


2 comments:

Rae said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I'm incubating for the first time this year (goose eggs), and it's nerve wracking. I can see how it could be come an addiction, though. Gonna have to get some chicken eggs going on the next batch. :)

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

I haven't hatched eggs in a few years, but I know, that next time I decide to hatch eggs, I am going to get one of those egg turners for my incubator!!