Sunday, November 24, 2013

Tackling the Entry

In my latest ongoing organizing frenzy, today Husband and I worked in the garage. This is our main entry to the house that we use and also the dumping ground. I have been wanting to tackle this for a long time, but unfortunately didn't have any oomph to do it.

Before



After



Yesterday we bought some fancy new mouse traps which we set up last night. This morning we have three less mice residing in the garage. Needless to say there was also a lot of mouse poop and a big mouse nest in the garage that we cleaned up.

A project was also begun today.... we were give two buffet cabinets by Husband's mother when she was alive. The have both been stored away and today we washed one down and Husband took off the doors and hardware in preparation to give it a good sanding and new stain. Unfortunately I forgot to take a before photo, but once complete I will make sure to get a picture of it.

I am excited to get it finished so I can put in the dining room and use it to display my china which is stored away.... In the garage of course!

1 comments:

bbarna said...

Looking great. I had mice in the basement one year. Yuck, they made a nest in some fabric, so they had to go. We bought some poison bars at the Northern, and they worked wonderfully. No mice for years. I also am more careful about storing the dog's food, as that is what attracted them.