Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Day in the Life...

A snapshot of my day for Friday, June 11, 2010. Every day here is different and due to my work I have no set schedule, so I never know what the day will bring.

6:30 am Alarm goes off. It is a beautiful sunny day, but I'm really tired as I didn't get to bed until late the night before.




7:15 Finally and reluctantly drag myself out of bed

7:15 - 7:45 Make coffee for Husband and myself and read the local newspaper

7:45- 8:00 Husband goes off to work and kids go to catch the school bus

8:00 - 8:30 Check emails and blogs while eating my breakfast at the computer.

8:30 - 9:00 Feed and water animals, collect eggs, take out compost, open greenhouse doors, and check over the garden and pull a couple of weeds. I'm not happy to find that chickweed is growing throughout the gardens. When we moved here there was no chickweed and we were very careful to wash all our garden tools so that we wouldn't contaminate the place. Our last yard was over run with chickweed and I tried everything to get rid of it but to no avail. Mother Nature seems to love the stuff, but not me! I am positive that it came in with the garden soil that we hauled in last year.

9:00 -9:30 Put in a load of laundry and make some calls to clients

9:30 - 10:45 Cleaned the kitchen because I worked yesterday afternoon and evening ,and I was not here for dinner and didn't get home until 9:30pm. I was not going to clean up that late! I cleaned some older veg out of the fridge and fed it to the chicken and ducks. I filled the hummingbird feeder and they appeared out of nowhere - go figure ;) Watered plants. I then had to look for the dog as he decided to go to the neighbours house and play with their bull mastiff. I gathered up all the recycling bins and put them into the car.

10:45 - 12:00 Brought the recyling away, picked up Son from school due to early dismissal. Ran into an old high school and college friend so we chatted and caught up for half an hour.

12:00 - 12:15 pm Lunch outside on the deck in the sunshine

12:15 - 12:50 Hung up laundry on my new laundy line. I have wanted a laundry line since we moved here, but Husband doesn't think it looks 'pretty' enough. He is very into esthetics when it comes to our property. We finally bought a line and he has put it up in a temporary place off the side sundeck. Nothing smells as good as line dried sheets! I made some laundry soap as I ran out, and put in another load. In between I had some phone calls.

12:50 - 4:00 Worked on client files and work duties. Daughter arrived home just before 4pm from school.

4:00 Husband arrived home early today. Usually he's home around 5-5:30pm, but he was one the road today and decided not to go back to the office. He came home with a lottery ticket.

4:00 - 5:00 Sat on the deck in the sunshine and dreamed of what we would do if ours was the winning ticket for 50 million dollars. We seldom buy tickets, but Husband decided that it was worth the chance today. I think it's worth the cost of the ticket just to dream!

5:00 - 6:30 We have been invited out to dinner so we begin to get ready to go out. Take several phone calls from clients which delays me a bit, and then a half hour drive into town.

6:30- 9:30 Lovey dinner and company! Stopped by the video store on the way home to rent a DVD.
9:30 - 9:45 Feed and water animals, and put them away for the night to protect them from the foxes

9:45-11:30 Watch DVD
11:30 Off to bed

0 comments: