Thursday, June 17, 2010

What are You Eating?

This morning I read something I thought was very disgusting and goes along with my post from the other day.

"The average American ingests approximately fourteen pounds of chemicals per year in the form of food additives (such as colorings, artificial flavorings, preservatives and emulsifies), pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, hormones and heavy metals."
Living Green by Greg Horn

Yesterday I did my grocery shopping as we were seriously low in fresh produce (and the garden isn't at harvest stage yet). Daughter made a comment that for tomorrow's school lunch she wanted an assortment of fruit and vegetables to take as it tastes far better than junk food. Hallelujah, I did something right!

2 comments:

Roasted Garlicious said...

YAY!!!! so glad to hear she wanted some good eats!!! the stats on what chemicals we are consuming is scary ... this morning i ate the first 2 pea pods, right off the vine... goodmorningggg garden!!!

Carpe Diem said...

Oh how I envy your fresh produce RG! It will take us a little longer before we can eat from our garden. Though hopefully only a couple more weeks for the lettuce and radish.